Tuesday, March 15, 2011

To whom much is given....

As long as i can remember i've been tasked to give.  First, by my mother throughout various phases of my childhood and then by myself - once the habit morphed into a belief the urging of my mother were no longer necessary.   Being the brilliant human being she was, it was made clear that time was just as important as money and emphasized the importance of giving both.

"To whom much is given much is required"
 
The founder of Healthy Babies Project, Delores L. Farr,
when she started this organization she did so because she believed that going into neighborhoods and homes and offering prenatal services to expectant women
and their families could reverse and even eliminate the senseless loss of life in our nation’s capital.
 Her aim was  to reduce the dangerously high rates of infant mortality
and to be a bridge to building stronger family units by involving fathers in raising their children.
See that lady in red there on the right?  Regine Elie, she's the Executive Director and the reason i'm associated with the organization.  
She is such a ray of sunshine who not only allows you to talk, she listens and depending on what she's heard might share a smile or shed a tear with you.
Day-in-day-out they show up to provide a much needed service because
"to whom much is given much is required".  

Until next time...
B

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Delores Farr who helped me save my life and the lives of my children, I am coming up on 19 years of recovery with the aid of Delores and Gerri. I am still excited about the Healthy Babies Project and I know that 20 years is just a stepping stone to a much larger picture with other developments to come. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete