Friday, March 25, 2011

My duty...

I had a totally different blog planned for today but then life got real - earlier this week while riding to work, just days after his 42nd bday, the love of my life was hit by a car.  And, while he is okay.  The incident landed him in the ER, with a high radial shoulder fracture and me with a little help from Grey's Anatomy, this is where i landed:


Life is indeed the most fragile, unstable and unpredictable experience there is.   There are no signs forecasting the arrival of change.  It just shows up.  And we're tasked to feel our way through, to meet it and its effects with some sort of gusto, style - verve.
1.1.11
 Met CP.  He's the love of my life and

one of the most honest, generous
 
in ways large and small, acts random or orchestrated,
  kind, thoughtful, loving
  
 good-to-the-bone, gorgeous,
 
 father, provider, supportive
human being ever.

And, when i checked in with him a couple of weeks ago about our relationship and its innards.  Here's a little snippet of our conversation :  

me:"You good?"
CP: "Yup."

me: "It's still good, right...?  Right. "
CP:  "Yeah, i still consider it my duty..."

me: "huh? Whaaaat?!
CP: "Yeah, you know.
CP:  "i still consider it my du-ty....pause...(wait for it, wait for it)......
       to pleeeease the boo-ty.

Oh, reality t.v. and CP - you deliver every time:)

 I love you forever.



Until next time,
B



No comments:

Post a Comment